Tuesday 1 September 2009

fly by postings

Well. Well! August has been both busy, and poxy, and it has to be said very little good appears to have come of it. Skipping over some of the shitty stuff I will launch into a hastily written update of where things are and where they may or may not be going...

Firstly, there's the new forum! Well, not quite so new now, we've probably taken the plastic covers off it by this point and scratched the cover a bit when we put it in our pocket with the keys without thinking, but it's up and running and groovy, and we're having plenty of good discussions, sometimes even Box Room related. We had some troubles with the url because it got fiddled with, so here it is in case you need it: http://theboxroom.phpbb3now.com/index.php

I now have three short stories up at scribd.com and they've had lots and lots of views! Whee! I've had some interesting feedback about them, so big huge sweaty thanks to all the people who read them and risked their delicately balanced sanity. The newest one up is Goose, the short story I originally wrote for this very blog- yes, this very blog! Here's the link so you can read it in non-brain achey text, and marvel at a picture of me with a lovely basin haircut: http://www.scribd.com/doc/19017865/Goose

A Boy of Blood and Clay has somewhat ground to a halt. The maelstrom of cack that this month has been took a lot of time away from writing, and also put me in a bit of a depressive funk. The writing has started up again, hesitantly, but I'm starting to look over what I've written and where I'm going and... I'm concerned that I might have bitten off more than I can chew. I love the ideas in A Boy of Blood and Clay, but I have a terrible feeling it's all a bit ambitious. I'm beginning to wonder if this is the book I should have written three or four books down the line; at the moment, I'm not entirely sure I can pull this off.

I have two months to finish it. Two months before the manic, sugar fueled craziness of NaNoWriMo. I'm going to give it that long, and see what happens.

4 comments:

  1. I've just been working my way through the Box Room podcasts and thought you might 'enjoy' this picture:

    http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/699/336699_081014103448_Angry_20081014.jpg

    You might want a deep breath before clicking it though - it's a wee bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AIEEEEEE!

    Christ on a bike, what were they thinking with that thing? :s Although secretly it amuses me that they would make such an obviously terrifying toy- you'd never get away with it now. ;)

    Thanks for listening to the Box Room, I hope you're enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in an awful funk too and I have been a bad friend as I have lots of podcasts to catch up on. It's not as if I haven't got enough time on my hands or anything, is it? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tsk, no worries mate! Gawd knows I barely have time to listen to it myself, let alone all the other groovy podcasts people are coming up with. :)

    ReplyDelete