Wednesday 31 August 2011

Final Submissions for Epic Fantasy at Dark Fiction Magazine! (plus one small celebratory short story)

So, I finally finished the first draft of The Snake House! Huzzah, hooray, calloo callay and so on. I’ll do a proper blog post about that over the next few days, detailing the highs and lows of writing about a haunted Elephant and Castle, but for today I wanted to draw your attention to the date. It’s August the 31st! This means you only have until midnight to get your submissions in for Dark Fiction Magazine’s Epic Fantasy Flash Competition of Epicness!

 

So in celebration of finishing my first draft, and to show solidarity to all of those brave fictioneers putting the last bit of polish on their flash fiction stories, I present to you the little story I wrote when inspired by the competition myself. Beware: this story is the woobiest* thing I have ever written.

 

*Shhh, I’m not sure what it means, but it feels right.

 

Skin_and_Scales.doc Download this file

No comments:

Post a Comment