Tuesday 11 January 2011

Sauce

Just a brief update to say that so far this year, I am more or less behaving myself.

I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but the two words I do have in mind at the moment are EDIT and SUBMIT. Every six to twelve months-ish Marty and I will have what we call a "planning session" down the pub, where we get bits of paper and make lists of what we want to have done by when, and what we need to do to get it done. It's possibly the most informal planning session ever, with plenty of drink, doodling and amusing names for our plans, but I find it very pleasing and we stick our bits of paper up on the box room wall for all to see (us and the cat). Thanks to my aversion to a) editing and b) showing anyone my work, edit and submit were featured very highly on my list this year.

My current schedule is writing in the morning, editing in the evening. As simple as that, but, amazingly, I seem to be making some progress. Stuff that needs tidying up is getting tidier, and the Steampunk story is chuntering along slowly (Dead Zoo Shuffle is briefly on hold while I sort this thing out).

So let's hope I can keep up my slow and steady progress, and 2011 might be the year I let another human soul read one of my books for the first time. Possibly.

1 comment:

  1. Post-it memo #1 Send my kids book to Uncle Bob who will do all the leg work to make me millions because I am too disorganised/hopeless/foolish to send it out myself.

    ReplyDelete